Powering a Culture of Consent – Training & Technical Assistance
DCRCC has provided community education within DC for more than two decades. This legacy is central to our culturally specific and participant focused model of training. Over the last five years, DCRCC has been evolving from a community education framework to one of capacity building. Through customized technical assistance responses, DCRCC provides diverse programming for child, youth and adult audiences both as short and long term initiatives.
We commit to four guiding principles within our expanded approach, shared below.
Training & Technical Assistance Principles:
- Content Breadth-we work to be relevant in our training by examining intersecting issues, diverse community needs, complex identities, structural oppression, plural histories and root causes of sexual violence.
- Experiential Learning-we incorporate the lived experiences and insights of individuals by building participant focused and led learning environments that appeal to diverse learning styles, knowledge levels and audience backgrounds.
- Practice and Application-we design interactive learning opportunities created to allow for exploration, curiosity, collaboration and creativity. We value depth of relationship and self-awareness as we promote compassionate and informed responses to survivors.
- Transferrable skills and understandings-we encourage participants to draw connections and think innovatively by drawing from multiple disciplines and knowledge sources in the creation and facilitation of training. In this way, we model our value of critical thinking and promote practical application and engaged learning.
What We Do
- Provide a wide range of customized training and technical assistance to meet your specific needs.
- Develop competency –based professional development opportunities through on-site training sessions, consultations and program development.
- Plan professional development; train the trainers, closed workshop series, retreats and conferences that provide supportive, interactive learning opportunities to enhance the work of allied health professionals, schools and organizations.
DCRCC’s Training and Technical Assistance provides a variety of onsite, in-person trainings, which are tailored to audience expertise and interests. CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our customized training options.
We conduct trainings, offer consultations and technical assistance, develop specialized curriculum, and assist task forces and coalitions with capacity building and promoting sustainability. We’re committed to being compassionate, trauma informed and culturally sensitive in all of our training and technical assistance.
Technical Assistance Requests