Are you in a crisis?For immediate support, call our

People You Should Know

6 People to Know

Who is My DC Council Member?

  • DC Council:
  • DC Council Member List 2015
    • Chairman Phil Mendelson
    • Councilmember At Large, Vincent B. Orange, Sr.
    • Councilmember At Large, Anita D. Bonds
    • Councilmember At Large, David Grosso
    • Councilmember At Large, Elissa Silverman
    • Councilmember Ward 1, Brianne Nadeau
    • Councilmember Ward 2, Jack Evans
    • Councilmember Ward 3, Mary M. Cheh
    • Councilmember Ward 4, Brandon T. Todd
    • Councilmember Ward 5, Kenyan McDuffie
    • Councilmember Ward 6, Charles Allen
    • Councilmember Ward 7, Yvette M. Alexander
    • Councilmember Ward 8, Laruby  May
  • How to Find Your Ward:
  • List of Washington DC Government Officials: Council Listing – 2015

Who is My United States Representative? Who are my Senators?

How to Contact My Members of Congress There are several ways to contact your members of Congress to communicate about relevant sexual assault issues. Contacting your Member of Congress can be as simple as writing an email or making a telephone call. Members of Congress have local district offices as well as offices in Washington, DC. Complete contact information for these offices should be available on their individual websites.

  • In-Person Meeting
    • You can meet with your members of Congress or their staff in their local district office.
  • By Phone
    • You can call your member of Congress’ DC or district office directly. Their contact number is located on their individual website. Or, you can call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask the operator to connect you with the correct office.
  • By letter:
    • Writing a letter to your member of Congress can be a valuable way to communicate.
    • When you write to your U.S. Senator, you may address your letter as follows:

The Honorable (Senator’s Name) United States Senate Washington, D.C. 20510

  • When you write to your Representative, you may address your letter as follows:

The Honorable (Representative’s Name) United States House of Representatives Washington, D.C. 20515

  • By email:
    • Many members of Congress have web site functions that allow you to email them a message. Please check their individual websites for this feature. Remember to personalize your email.

Questions? If you have questions about contacting members of Congress, call DCRCC’s Policy & Advocacy team at (202) 232-0789 or email us at